Considering a Fitness and Personal Trainer job? The overview below is designed to tell you more about the field, including the types of jobs available, skills required, typical salary range, and current industry trends.
Fitness and personal trainers work one on one with their clients to help them achieve better health, fitness and energy. Trainers must have the ability to influence people and encourage them to keep going even when they are struggling. Being able to be tough and encouraging by turns is essential to being a successful fitness and personal trainer.
Fitness and Personal Trainer Overview
As a fitness and personal trainer, you will interact with clients of all fitness levels, creating personalized plans and ensuring your clients stay focused and motivated to achieve their goals. In a given day, your duties will likely include:
- Offer personalized assessments to gauge clients’ fitness level and goals
- Create customized fitness plans for clients to work on in their homes or your facility
- Inspect and maintain fitness equipment
- Implement and enforce safety protocols to keep everyone safe during their activities
- Evaluate progress and adapt plans as goals change
- See to your own physical fitness so you can both keep up with and inspire your clients
Fitness and Personal Trainer Salary and Outlook
Fitness and personal trainer jobs are available with a high school diploma or equivalent. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the average wage for these jobs is $15.25 per hour, or $31,720 per year. Jobs are growing as fast as the national job average and 33,500 new jobs are anticipated to be added by 2022.
Fitness and personal trainers work hard with their clients to achieve health, an often elusive goal and one that is worth putting effort into reaching. They must stay positive and encouraging when clients are discouraged and they get the reward of seeing clients achieve new goals and better health.
Get the Fitness and Personal Trainer job you want. Use the tools at ResumeHelp to create the professional resume you need to get hired sooner.