As a teacher, you will work closely with children in a particular age group. Your training generally dictates the ages of children you work with, so you can choose where best to use your talents. You will mentor, encourage and inspire the children under your care while performing some of the following duties:
- Writing lesson plans
- Implementing lessons and adhering to curriculum
- Recognizing students with particular needs
- Working closely with individual students to help them achieve their education goals
- Maintaining your classroom and necessary supplies
- Keeping students on track and maintaining a disciplined, organized classroom
Teacher Salary and Outlook
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that teachers made an average annual salary of $53,430 in 2012. Kindergarten through middle school teachers are experiencing 12 percent job growth, while high school teacher job growth is slower than average, at just six percent.
There is nothing quite as satisfying as helping to nurture a child’s development through classroom teaching and personal encouragement. Helping someone else is a great motivator and just one of the reasons why teaching is such a popular job choice.
Get the Teacher job you want. Use the tools at ResumeHelp to create the professional resume you need to get hired sooner.
Create Your Resume