- 1. Your contact information, including phone number and email: Make sure they match your info on your resume.
- 2. The recipient’s information: Include a full mailing address.
- 3. Salutation: Don’t use a generic greeting like “To Whom It May Concern.”
- 4. Opening paragraph: Explain who you are and your top strengths.
- 5. Body paragraphs: Highlight skills, work experience—everything relevant to the job you want.
- 6. Closing paragraph and sign-off: Thank the potential employer for their time and consideration. Invite them to connect with you.
Our professional cover letter templates provide exactly the right layout for the cover letter you’re writing. With our professional templates, you don’t have to worry about following the correct cover letter formats or guidelines, as they’re already preformatted using industry standards.